Restoring Your Smile with Dentures and Partials
Missing teeth can significantly impact your appearance, speech, and overall oral health. Fortunately, dentures and partials provide an effective solution to restore your smile. At DiBartola Dental, our highly skilled Bridgeville restorative dentists, Dr. Wayne DiBartola and Dr. Capp, offer personalized denture options that not only fit comfortably but also look natural.
What Are Dentures and Partials?
Dentures, also known as full dentures or complete dentures, are removable dental appliances that replace an entire arch of missing teeth and surrounding tissue. They consist of artificial teeth set in a pink-colored acrylic base and are held in place by suction or dental adhesive. Dentures restore the appearance of a natural smile, aid in chewing and speaking, and support facial muscles.
Partials, or partial dentures, on the other hand, are designed to replace only a few missing teeth when some natural teeth remain. They feature artificial teeth attached to a custom-fitted metal or plastic framework that clasps onto adjacent natural teeth. Partials fill in gaps, prevent teeth from shifting, and provide aesthetic and functional benefits.
Benefits of Dentures and Partials:
- Enhanced Appearance: Denture solutions are custom-made to resemble your natural teeth, instantly enhancing your smile and facial aesthetics.
- Improved Chewing and Speech: Missing teeth can make chewing and speaking difficult. Dentures and partials restore proper functionality, allowing you to enjoy your favorite foods and speak clearly.
- Boosted Confidence: With a complete smile, you can regain your confidence and feel more comfortable in social settings.
- Facial Support: Missing teeth can cause facial muscles to sag, leading to a prematurely aged appearance. Denture solutions provide support, restoring a more youthful facial structure.
Process of Getting Dentures and Partials
During your initial consultation with Dr. DiBartola or Dr. Capp, they will evaluate your oral health, discuss your goals, and determine the best denture solution for you.
If necessary, your Bridgeville dentist will extract any remaining teeth before the process begins. They’ll take impressions and measurements of your mouth to ensure a precise fit.
Design and Fabrication
Using advanced technology and high-quality materials, your Bridgeville restorative dentist will create custom dentures that match your unique smile, facial structure, and bite.
Once your dentures or partials are ready, your dentist will carefully fit them in your mouth, making any necessary adjustments to ensure proper comfort and function.
It may take a few weeks to adapt to your new denture solutions. During this time, Dr. DiBartola or Dr. Capp will provide guidance and instructions on how to speak, eat, and maintain them.
Caring for Dentures and Partials
To prolong the lifespan of your denture solutions and maintain optimal oral health, follow these essential care instructions:
- Daily Cleaning: Brush your dentures or partials with a soft-bristle brush and denture cleaner to remove food particles and plaque. Rinse them thoroughly after meals.
- Proper Storage: When not wearing your dentures or partials, store them in a denture-safe solution or water to prevent warping and keep them moist.
- Regular Check-ups: Visit DiBartola Dental for routine check-ups and adjustments to ensure your dentures or partials continue to fit well and function properly.
- Oral Hygiene: Clean your remaining natural teeth, gums, and tongue regularly to maintain oral hygiene and prevent any underlying dental issues.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, dentures and partials can improve your speech by filling in the gaps created by missing teeth. However, it may take some time to adjust to speaking with them. Practicing reading aloud or speaking slowly can help you adapt more quickly.
It’s generally recommended to remove your dentures while sleeping to give your gums and tissues a chance to rest. Removing them also allows for proper cleaning and maintenance.
Modern dentures and partials are designed for maximum comfort. However, it may take some time to adjust to wearing them. Your dentist will provide guidance and make any necessary adjustments to ensure a proper fit.
With proper care and regular check-ups, dentures and partials can last for several years. However, over time, changes in your mouth’s structure may require adjustments or replacement.
Call DiBartola Dental, Smile Again With Denture Solutions!
With the numerous benefits of full and partial dentures and a carefully guided process, you can regain your confidence and enjoy the functional and aesthetic advantages of a complete set of teeth. Schedule a consultation with Dr. DiBartola or Dr. Capp at DiBartola Dental by dialing (412) 221-9440 to explore your options and take the first step towards a beautiful, confident smile. You can also get in touch with us by filling out the contact form and we’ll get back to you shortly. DiBartola Dental provides compassionate care to patients from Bridgeville, PA, and surrounding areas such as Heidelberg, Carnegie, and Upper Saint Clair, PA.